The Irish Committee of Historical Sciences is the national committee for history in Ireland.
We represent historians in Irish universities, schools, archives and societies.
The ICHS regularly organises events, conferences and funding opportunities. Learn more about our activities on our ICHS events page.
- ICHS (in conjunction with USIHS) Symposium on the Pursuit and Practice of Local History - April 17, 2019
- Irish Conference of Historians, XXXII, UCC, 26-28 April 2018-Programme - April 13, 2018
- 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, provisional programme announcement - March 13, 2018
- Reminder cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, ‘Sex, Sexuality and Reproduction: historical perspectives’ deadline 31 Jan. 2018 - January 29, 2018
- cfp. Irish Conference of Historians, xxxii, University College Cork, 26-28 April 2018 - October 26, 2017
- cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians - July 24, 2017
- 1917 Civil War Conferences in Moscow, September 2017 - June 16, 2017
- Successful Launch Symposium - June 16, 2017
Stay up to date with the latest history news and events in Ireland on our Community News page.
- Irish Genealogical Research Society AGM and Lecture - April 2, 2019
- IAPH Annual Public Lecture, 17 April 2019 - March 27, 2019
- Group for the Study of Irish Historic Settlement 50th anniversary conference, 29-31 March 2019 - March 21, 2019
- Prisons, Asylums, Workhouses: Institutions in Irish History - February 25, 2019
- Cfp: Irish History Students’ Association (IHSA) Conference, 1-3 March 2019 - January 24, 2019
- Conference: Dáil Eireann: The first hundred years, 1919-2019 - November 27, 2018
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Irish History Online
Irish History Online is the national bibliography of Irish history. It is part of a European network of national historical bibliographies from fourteen countries. Irish History Online is an authoritative listing (in progress) of what has been written about Irish history from earliest times to the present. The database can be found here: https://www.ria.ie/research-projects/irish-history-online