The Irish Committee of Historical Sciences is the national committee for history in Ireland.
We represent historians in Irish universities, schools, archives and societies.
The ICHS regularly organises events, conferences and funding opportunities. Learn more about our activities on our ICHS events page.
- Cpf: 33rd Irish Conference of Historians, 21-23 May 2020 -
- ICHS (in conjunction with USIHS) Symposium on the Pursuit and Practice of Local History -
- Irish Conference of Historians, XXXII, UCC, 26-28 April 2018-Programme -
- 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, provisional programme announcement -
- Reminder cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, ‘Sex, Sexuality and Reproduction: historical perspectives’ deadline 31 Jan. 2018 -
- cfp. Irish Conference of Historians, xxxii, University College Cork, 26-28 April 2018 -
- cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians -
- 1917 Civil War Conferences in Moscow, September 2017 -
Stay up to date with the latest history news and events in Ireland on our Community News page.
- cfp. Economic and Social History Society of Ireland, Annual Conference 2019. -
- Cfp. History of Science, Technology and Medicine, Annual Conference 2019, deadline August 15th -
- REFRAMING EMPIRE: IMPERIALISM, ANTI-IMPERIALISM AND THEIR LEGACIES IN PUBLIC HISTORY (Queen’s University Belfast, 16-17 December 2019) -
- Conference: Uncovering Material Knowledge, QUB, 30th and 31st August 2019 -
- National Library of Ireland (in association with the Irish Committee of Historical Studies) 2019 Research Studentship -
- The IGRS Ireland Branch Lecture: ‘Erwin Schrödinger’s time in Clontarf during World War II’, 18th June, from 18:45 -
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Irish History Online
Irish History Online is the national bibliography of Irish history. It is part of a European network of national historical bibliographies from fourteen countries. Irish History Online is an authoritative listing (in progress) of what has been written about Irish history from earliest times to the present. The database can be found here: https://www.ria.ie/research-projects/irish-history-online