The Irish Committee of Historical Sciences is the national committee for history in Ireland.
We represent historians in Irish universities, schools, archives and societies.
The ICHS regularly organises events, conferences and funding opportunities. Learn more about our activities on our ICHS events page.
- Irish Conference of Historians, XXXII, UCC, 26-28 April 2018-Programme - April 13, 2018
- 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, provisional programme announcement - March 13, 2018
- Reminder cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, ‘Sex, Sexuality and Reproduction: historical perspectives’ deadline 31 Jan. 2018 - January 29, 2018
- cfp. Irish Conference of Historians, xxxii, University College Cork, 26-28 April 2018 - October 26, 2017
- cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians - July 24, 2017
- 1917 Civil War Conferences in Moscow, September 2017 - June 16, 2017
- Successful Launch Symposium - June 16, 2017
- ICHS Relaunch Symposium 29 March 2017 - February 14, 2017
Stay up to date with the latest history news and events in Ireland on our Community News page.
- Call for registration: Annual History of Science, Technology and Medicine Network Ireland Conference - September 14, 2018
- Conference: Gardens and Gardening in Early Modern Ireland, 23 November 2018 - September 7, 2018
- cfp. The Economic and Social History Society of Ireland, Annual Conference 2018 - August 10, 2018
- cfp. History of Science, Technology and Medicine (HSTM) Network Ireland, Annual conference 26-27 October 2018 - June 20, 2018
- National Library of Ireland Research Studentship (in association with the Irish Committee of Historical Sciences). Closing date for all applications is Friday 22 June 2018 at 3:00 p.m - June 19, 2018
- Symposium: ‘Hunger, History and Memory: The Great Famines of Ireland and Finland Compared’, NUI, Galway, 21 June 2018 - May 17, 2018
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Irish History Online
Irish History Online is the national bibliography of Irish history. It is part of a European network of national historical bibliographies from fourteen countries. Irish History Online is an authoritative listing (in progress) of what has been written about Irish history from earliest times to the present. The database can be found here: https://www.ria.ie/research-projects/irish-history-online