The Irish Committee of Historical Sciences is the national committee for history in Ireland.
We represent historians in Irish universities, schools, archives and societies.Read more…
The ICHS regularly organises events, conferences and funding opportunities. Learn more about our activities on our ICHS events page.
- Cpf: 33rd Irish Conference of Historians, 21-23 May 2020 -
- ICHS (in conjunction with USIHS) Symposium on the Pursuit and Practice of Local History -
- Irish Conference of Historians, XXXII, UCC, 26-28 April 2018-Programme -
- 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, provisional programme announcement -
- Reminder cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, ‘Sex, Sexuality and Reproduction: historical perspectives’ deadline 31 Jan. 2018 -
- cfp. Irish Conference of Historians, xxxii, University College Cork, 26-28 April 2018 -
- cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians -
- 1917 Civil War Conferences in Moscow, September 2017 -
Stay up to date with the latest history news and events in Ireland on our Community News page.
- Horizons: A Global History of Science – Imagine! Belfast Festival, 24 March 2023 -
- Nowlan Digitisation Grants, Royal Irish Academy -
- Decade of Centenaries Bursary, Royal Irish Academy -
- ICHS Symposium: Historians and National Archives, 2pm on Saturday 25th February 2023ICHS -
- HSTM Network Ireland, webinar, 1 March 2023: Dr Elizabethanne Boran, Edward Worth Library
‘Science in Trinity College Dublin in the seventeenth century’ -
- History of Science, Technology and Medicine Network Ireland, monthly reading group -
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Irish History Online
Irish History Online is the national bibliography of Irish history. It is part of a European network of national historical bibliographies from fourteen countries. Irish History Online is an authoritative listing (in progress) of what has been written about Irish history from earliest times to the present. The database can be found here: https://www.ria.ie/research-projects/irish-history-online