The Irish Committee of Historical Sciences is the national committee for history in Ireland.
We represent historians in Irish universities, schools, archives and societies.
The ICHS regularly organises events, conferences and funding opportunities. Learn more about our activities on our ICHS events page.
- Cpf: 33rd Irish Conference of Historians, 21-23 May 2020 -
- ICHS (in conjunction with USIHS) Symposium on the Pursuit and Practice of Local History -
- Irish Conference of Historians, XXXII, UCC, 26-28 April 2018-Programme -
- 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, provisional programme announcement -
- Reminder cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, ‘Sex, Sexuality and Reproduction: historical perspectives’ deadline 31 Jan. 2018 -
- cfp. Irish Conference of Historians, xxxii, University College Cork, 26-28 April 2018 -
- cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians -
- 1917 Civil War Conferences in Moscow, September 2017 -
Stay up to date with the latest history news and events in Ireland on our Community News page.
- Open Day: Irish Genealogical Research Society, 18 May 2019 -
- The Edward Worth Library Lecture Series, 22 May 2019. ‘Visualising the Pauper Patient in Nineteenth-Century Ireland.’ -
- Irish Genealogical Research Society AGM and Lecture -
- IAPH Annual Public Lecture, 17 April 2019 -
- Group for the Study of Irish Historic Settlement 50th anniversary conference, 29-31 March 2019 -
- Prisons, Asylums, Workhouses: Institutions in Irish History -
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Irish History Online
Irish History Online is the national bibliography of Irish history. It is part of a European network of national historical bibliographies from fourteen countries. Irish History Online is an authoritative listing (in progress) of what has been written about Irish history from earliest times to the present. The database can be found here: https://www.ria.ie/research-projects/irish-history-online