The Irish Committee of Historical Sciences is the national committee for history in Ireland.
We represent historians in Irish universities, schools, archives and societies.
The ICHS regularly organises events, conferences and funding opportunities. Learn more about our activities on our ICHS events page.
- Irish Conference of Historians, XXXII, UCC, 26-28 April 2018-Programme - April 13, 2018
- 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, provisional programme announcement - March 13, 2018
- Reminder cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, ‘Sex, Sexuality and Reproduction: historical perspectives’ deadline 31 Jan. 2018 - January 29, 2018
- cfp. Irish Conference of Historians, xxxii, University College Cork, 26-28 April 2018 - October 26, 2017
- cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians - July 24, 2017
- 1917 Civil War Conferences in Moscow, September 2017 - June 16, 2017
- Successful Launch Symposium - June 16, 2017
- ICHS Relaunch Symposium 29 March 2017 - February 14, 2017
Stay up to date with the latest history news and events in Ireland on our Community News page.
- cfp. History of Science, Technology and Medicine (HSTM) Network Ireland, Annual conference 26-27 October 2018 - June 20, 2018
- National Library of Ireland Research Studentship (in association with the Irish Committee of Historical Sciences). Closing date for all applications is Friday 22 June 2018 at 3:00 p.m - June 19, 2018
- Symposium: ‘Hunger, History and Memory: The Great Famines of Ireland and Finland Compared’, NUI, Galway, 21 June 2018 - May 17, 2018
- CFP: History of Science, Technology and Medicine (HSTM) Network Ireland Annual Conference 2018 - May 11, 2018
- J.C. Beckett Annual Memorial Lecture, 7pm on 24 May 2018, at PRONI - May 4, 2018
- Conference: 16th Annual Historic Houses Conference, Maynooth University, 8-9 June 2018 - April 10, 2018