The Irish Committee of Historical Sciences is the national committee for history in Ireland.
We represent historians in Irish universities, schools, archives and societies.
The ICHS regularly organises events, conferences and funding opportunities. Learn more about our activities on our ICHS events page.
- Cpf: 33rd Irish Conference of Historians, 21-23 May 2020 -
- ICHS (in conjunction with USIHS) Symposium on the Pursuit and Practice of Local History -
- Irish Conference of Historians, XXXII, UCC, 26-28 April 2018-Programme -
- 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, provisional programme announcement -
- Reminder cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians, ‘Sex, Sexuality and Reproduction: historical perspectives’ deadline 31 Jan. 2018 -
- cfp. Irish Conference of Historians, xxxii, University College Cork, 26-28 April 2018 -
- cfp. 32nd Irish Conference of Historians -
- 1917 Civil War Conferences in Moscow, September 2017 -
Stay up to date with the latest history news and events in Ireland on our Community News page.
- UCD Centre for the History of Medicine, seminar series 2020 -
- UCD Centre for the History of Medicine in Ireland, Seminar. Rescheduled for 6 Feb 2020 at 5pm: Dr Ana Antic (University of Exeter) ‘Transcultural psychiatry and the birth of a “global psyche” after WWII : a global history from below?’ -
- Irish Genealogical Research Society, Open Day, 18 May 2019 -
- LABOUR, GENDER, AND CLASS IN THE STRUGGLE FOR IRISH INDEPENDENCE, c. 1918-24, NUI Galway, 7th – 9th November 2019 -
- Conference: After The War: Peace, Conflict and Trauma, National Museum of Ireland – Decorative Arts & History, Collins Barracks, 9 November 2019 -
- cfp. 33rd Irish Conference of Historians, Deadline 1st October -
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Irish History Online
Irish History Online is the national bibliography of Irish history. It is part of a European network of national historical bibliographies from fourteen countries. Irish History Online is an authoritative listing (in progress) of what has been written about Irish history from earliest times to the present. The database can be found here: https://www.ria.ie/research-projects/irish-history-online